Chief Executive Officer
This is a great industry with a big heart. I love working with our credit unions—getting together twice a year, bringing new ideas to the group, visiting our owners. I also enjoy meeting other credit unions execs who are excited about joining MDC.
- Joined MDC as CEO in 2007
- 25 years in the credit union industry
- Past President and COO of CommunityAmerica CUSO One
- Worked for other credit unions as VP/Comptroller, EVP Finance and Technology, EVP Retail and Strategic Services, and CEO
- Started my career as a CPA at KPMG Peat Marwick
- Part of the first class of the CUES CEO Institute, and the inaugural class of Filene Research Institute’s i3 program
- Served on the boards of Member Gateways and CU Realty, LLC
- BS in Accounting from University of Missouri—Kansas City (UMKC)
- CPA licensed in Missouri
- I greatly enjoy time with my wife and family, which cannot happen often enough. I love working out at the gym…because I also love cooking on our smoker (brisket, ribs and steaks), a glass of good bourbon, and California wines.
Vice President, Owner Engagement
Every day I get to work on new ideas…no two days are ever the same. I get a lot of energy by working on big projects, talking to interesting people, and doing something valuable for our credit unions every day.
- Board Chair for Firefly Credit Union in Minneapolis/St Paul ($1.2 billion in assets)
- Joined MDC in 2005 after working for two years as a corporate project manager for CUNA Mutual Group
- Before that, spent eight years in product development in the telecom industry, focused on really cool stuff like email, VoIP, and Unified Messaging (hey…it was the 90’s)
- Worked in the Chicago office of KPMG Peat Marwick
- BS from Illinois State University
- MBA from University of Wisconsin–Madison (GO BADGERS!)
- I love riding my motorcycle, playing tennis with my husband, and gardening. Took up golf this past summer…super fun and the outfits are a blast. I also read a ton of books.
Director of Finance
I always like learning about new industries and MDC has provided that opportunity. I enjoy being able to work with all the great MDC credit unions and to always be looking to the future of where the ever-changing financial industry is headed.
- Joined MDC in 2013 as the director of finance
- Brings a successful track record in finance, project management, operations and marketing, resulting in significant contributions to business growth across multiple industries
- Was Director of Operations at GodenComm, an internet technology company
- BSBA from Northern Arizona University
- Love the outdoors—from fishing and hunting to tennis and golf. One of my favorites is water sports. I have yet to accomplish barefoot water skiing…
Public Relations Consultant
I’ve worked in credit unions long enough to be the “class historian,” but I still love our industry’s focus on improving members’ financial well-being. It’s a treat to work with MDC’s team and owners to help tell their story of successful collaboration.
- Started working as a public relations consultant for MDC in 2015
- Have worked in the credit union community for 30+ years
- Managed PR for Western Corporate Federal Credit Union and U.S. Central Credit Union before launching my own firm in 2002
- Began my career doing PR in the food processing industry
- BA in Communications with a focus on Public Relations from California State University
- MBA from La Verne University in California
- Graduated from the Western CUNA Management School, CUES Executive Marketing School and am a certified Credit Union Development Educator (CUDE)
- I love traveling to different countries and learning about their cultures, history and current events, as well as playing with our 7-year-old grandson and 2-year-old granddaughter.
MDC Owner Meeting Event Planner
My first meeting with MDC was in Montreal (August ’07) and I was amazed at what I learned about the Credit Union industry. After all these years, I look forward to each meeting, not only to plan another event, but to see those familiar faces and to meet all of the new faces of this fun MDC family!
- I was always planning something growing up whether it was a Kid Club Meeting, a birthday party, a sleepover… topping my teenage years off with Prom Planning Committee both Junior & Senior years… so I think I was destined to be an Event Planner!
- I started out my event planning career in college (graphic design) when I was working at a steakhouse with a PARTY ROOM… I fell in love and have never looked back!
- After college, I started my own business in event planning in 2002 and have worked with hotels, golf courses, restaurants, travel, etc. in rounding out my career with corporate meeting planning.
- Recruited to Event Plan for MDC by Sarah in 2007 (she’s my second cousin AND now boss!)… I was off to the races!
- Currently Director of Events & Mission Initiatives for Susan G. Komen Minnesota (Minnesota Affiliate of Susan G, Komen Breast Cancer Foundation)
- I love playing volleyball, reading, drinking wine (sometimes at the same time!) and planning anything I can get my hands on!