Chief Executive Officer
This is a great industry with a big heart. I love working with our credit unions—getting together twice a year, bringing new ideas to the group, visiting our owners. I also enjoy meeting other credit unions execs who are excited about joining MDC.
- Joined MDC as CEO in 2007
- 25 years in the credit union industry
- Past President and COO of CommunityAmerica CUSO One
- Worked for other credit unions as VP/Comptroller, EVP Finance and Technology, EVP Retail and Strategic Services, and CEO
- Started my career as a CPA at KPMG Peat Marwick
- Part of the first class of the CUES CEO Institute, and the inaugural class of Filene Research Institute’s i3 program
- Served on the boards of Member Gateways and CU Realty, LLC
- BS in Accounting from University of Missouri—Kansas City (UMKC)
- CPA licensed in Missouri
- I greatly enjoy time with my wife and family, which cannot happen often enough. I love working out at the gym…because I also love cooking on our smoker (brisket, ribs and steaks), a glass of good bourbon, and California wines.
Vice President, Owner Engagement
Every day I get to work on new ideas…no two days are ever the same. I get a lot of energy by working on big projects, talking to interesting people, and doing something valuable for our credit unions every day.
- Board Chair for Firefly Credit Union in Minneapolis/St Paul ($1.2 billion in assets)
- Joined MDC in 2005 after working for two years as a corporate project manager for CUNA Mutual Group
- Before that, spent eight years in product development in the telecom industry, focused on really cool stuff like email, VoIP, and Unified Messaging (hey…it was the 90’s)
- Worked in the Chicago office of KPMG Peat Marwick
- BS from Illinois State University
- MBA from University of Wisconsin–Madison (GO BADGERS!)
- I love riding my motorcycle, playing tennis with my husband, and gardening. Took up golf this past summer…super fun and the outfits are a blast. I also read a ton of books.
Director of Finance
I always like learning about new industries and MDC has provided that opportunity. I enjoy being able to work with all the great MDC credit unions and to always be looking to the future of where the ever-changing financial industry is headed.
- Joined MDC in 2013 as the director of finance
- Brings a successful track record in finance, project management, operations and marketing, resulting in significant contributions to business growth across multiple industries
- Was Director of Operations at GodenComm, an internet technology company
- BSBA from Northern Arizona University
- Love the outdoors—from fishing and hunting to tennis and golf. One of my favorites is water sports. I have yet to accomplish barefoot water skiing…
Michael El Koubi
Marketing and Communications Manager
I am very excited to work on issues relevant to our credit union owners. EB White once said “I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult," but while working with the MDC team to make a difference for our owners, that won’t be a problem.
- Joined MDC in February 2018
- Graduated from LSU’s MBA program in 2016
- Brings several years of communications and project management experience to MDC, including helping large state government agencies (Louisiana Departments of Health and Education, Ohio Department of Medicaid) implement aggressive reform agendas
- Served in the United State Peace Corps in Bulgaria from 2005-2007
- BA from LSU in History and German
- I love exploring nature’s wild places, and I am well on my way to visiting all of America’s 59 national parks (18 down, 41 to go!). I’ve also kayaked most of the Mississippi River below Memphis, paddling by day and camping on the River’s banks of islands by night. When not on or planning an adventure, I enjoy spending time with my family, cooking up something Cajun in the kitchen, or playing a hot summer game of adult kickball with a cold daiquiri in the dugout.
Public Relations Consultant
I’ve worked in credit unions long enough to be the “class historian,” but I still love our industry’s focus on improving members’ financial well-being. It’s a treat to work with MDC’s team and owners to help tell their story of successful collaboration.
- Started working as a public relations consultant for MDC in 2015
- Have worked in the credit union community for 30+ years
- Managed PR for Western Corporate Federal Credit Union and U.S. Central Credit Union before launching my own firm in 2002
- Began my career doing PR in the food processing industry
- BA in Communications with a focus on Public Relations from California State University
- MBA from La Verne University in California
- Graduated from the Western CUNA Management School, CUES Executive Marketing School and am a certified Credit Union Development Educator (CUDE)
- I love traveling to different countries and learning about their cultures, history and current events, as well as playing with our 7-year-old grandson and 2-year-old granddaughter.
MDC Owner Meeting Event Planner
My first meeting with MDC was in Montreal (August ’07) and I was amazed at what I learned about the Credit Union industry. After all these years, I look forward to each meeting, not only to plan another event, but to see those familiar faces and to meet all of the new faces of this fun MDC family!
- I was always planning something growing up whether it was a Kid Club Meeting, a birthday party, a sleepover… topping my teenage years off with Prom Planning Committee both Junior & Senior years… so I think I was destined to be an Event Planner!
- I started out my event planning career in college (graphic design) when I was working at a steakhouse with a PARTY ROOM… I fell in love and have never looked back!
- After college, I started my own business in event planning in 2002 and have worked with hotels, golf courses, restaurants, travel, etc. in rounding out my career with corporate meeting planning.
- Recruited to Event Plan for MDC by Sarah in 2007 (she’s my second cousin AND now boss!)… I was off to the races!
- Currently Director of Events & Mission Initiatives for Susan G. Komen Minnesota (Minnesota Affiliate of Susan G, Komen Breast Cancer Foundation)
- I love playing volleyball, reading, drinking wine (sometimes at the same time!) and planning anything I can get my hands on!