We are so excited to be so near our next owner meeting, which is just a few weeks away on August 5-7 in Chicago! Our owners continue to say that MDC owner meetings are the best events in the industry, full of amazing opportunities for networking, learning, and fun. Our August event will be no exception with an exciting agenda and a beautiful setting at the Ritz-Carlton, and we already have the numbers to prove it!
- 67 out of 69 of our owners have registered a representative to attend (97%).
- 198 total owner representatives have registered (plus 36 speakers, sponsors, MDC Staff, and special guests).
- 187 total attendees have also registered to participate in our new FinTech Expo following the Owner Meeting on Wednesday afternoon.
This year we’ve continued to innovate with our agenda, adding a second keynote speaker and again offering two sessions of breakouts to ensure that our owners can get the most value out of their time away from their offices by choosing the sessions that matter most.
On Tuesday we’ll hear our first keynote from Jeffrey Ma, who gained worldwide recognition as a member of the MIT blackjack team, which inspired both the best-selling book, Bringing Down the House, and the hit film, 21. Since then, he has founded and sold multiple companies, including tenXer, an analytics tool designed to optimize employee performance, progress, and productivity that he sold to Twitter in 2015. He now serves as senior director of business insights and group project manager at Twitter, where he also manages groups working on artificial intelligence and machine learning. He’ll be offering his insights into the importance of setting goals and tracking your progress and productivity along the way as well as how gaming, analytics, and competitive tracking can lead to more useful, constructive feedback and more motivated teams and employees.
On Wednesday we’ll also hear from James Veitch, who had the fastest-ever TED Talk to reach over ten million views. A former Apple Store genius, he’s now a comedian, musician, and writer renowned for his unashamedly nerdy and hilarious digital content. The plan is for James to wake us up, shake off the cobwebs from Tuesday night’s party, and put us in a good mood in preparation for a strong close to the Owner Meeting and starting our FinTech Expo.
In addition to these great speakers, we’ll also hear from a cadre of subject matter experts on topics vital to your credit union’s ability to remain competitive both today and throughout the next decade, including:
- making the best use of our Scenario Planning Project’s resources (now finalized and published on the new MDC Connect),
- implementing automation at your credit union,
- competing in a world of app-driven consumer behavior,
- identifying and serving dual retail small business members,
- serving Gen Z as they enter the labor force and consumer finance marketplace,
- dealing with the looming Baby Boomer retirement crisis,
- our progress in investing in FinTechs as credit unions,
- fostering innovation at your credit union,
- and more!
Then there will be even more exiting content to close out your MDC experience at our FinTech Expo!
Owners can still register late, and it’s not too late to sponsor this amazing event! Contact Sarah Lietz for more information.
We can’t wait to see you in Chicago!