With all the exciting things going on with MDC this year, it’s no surprise that commitments to attend the Summer 2018 MDC Owner Meeting in Chicago have been flowing in quickly since we opened registration. February’s owner meeting was the biggest yet, with both record numbers of attendees and the largest proportion of owners present of any owner meeting ever, and we are on track to have a similarly successful gathering of MDC’s ownership this August. Here’s a little preview of what to expect when we get together at the Langham Hotel in Chicago in less than two months!
- Exciting keynote speakers: Cyber security experts Chris Tarbell and Hector Monsegur are former adversaries who now work together. Tarbell worked in the FBI’s preeminent cyber crime squad, helping investigate Monsegur while he served as a leader in the Anonymous/LulzSec hacking collective. Now allied, they have prevented more than 350 cyberattacks against U.S. government computer systems. They also now provide audiences with the most pressing cyber threats and practical ideas for securing their data.
- A bigger group of peers than ever: Now at 60 owners, MDC is larger than ever. Our 57 credit union owners boast totals of $159 billion in assets, 11.3 million members, and 1,493 branches. MDC owner meetings are the premier credit union industry networking opportunity, where the progressive, forward-thinking leaders of our industry can gather; discuss exciting opportunities and projects; plan for the future together; and learn from each other, MDC staff, and MDC’s strategic partners about what’s on the horizon for us all.
- A reimagined Innovation Council: Our owners consistently report that our Innovation Council is one of the best opportunities available to train their up-and-coming stars in innovation techniques while developing meaningful solutions to issues currently facing the industry at the same time. Four of the five ideas presented by IC members at our last owner meeting have launched into full-blown projects, and we are expecting the program’s great success to continue with this year’s all-new, rebranded Innovation Council. With more members; a new name; and a new, industry-leading innovation partner in futurethink, we look forward to what the Innovation Council will come up with next—and to revealing all the details of our rebranding at the August Owner Meeting!
- A new venue: This will be our first summer meeting at the Langham Hotel in Downtown Chicago. Housed in Chicago’s iconic IBM Plaza building, our new summer home features a street-level gathering space on the Chicago River, meeting space suited to our growing needs, and luxury accommodations with views of the Chicago skyline. We look forward to sharing this new venue both this summer and many more summers to come.
- Project updates: Of course, what owner meeting would be complete without updates about MDC’s projects? This summer you’ll hear exciting updates on robotics process automation, scenario planning, student loans, and more.
We can’t wait to share all this with you in August! Registration closes on Friday, June 29. Our owners can visit MDC Connect to register today!