We’re proud of all of the hard work we were able to accomplish in 2016 for our all-star credit union owners—that is why we feel it is important for us to carry this momentum into 2017 to be better than ever! Here’s what you can to look forward to from MDC in the New Year:
- Our February Owner Meeting, of course. The days are drawing closer to the upcoming meeting with our owners in Scottsdale, AZ! Be sure to check out our agenda in preparation for the event and get ready to learn a ton, collaborate with the best in the business, and have some serious fun! Email Sarah Lietz with any questions.
- New owners continue to make waves. We were happy to announce seven new owners were added to our network in 2016. We look forward to expanding our network even more in 2017 with new owners. We will have sixteen guest credit unions represented at our upcoming Owner Meeting, so keep your eye out for them and be open to sharing why you value being part of the MDC network!
- Fin-tech and your CU. We know fin-tech continues to emerge as a top item on credit unions’ radar screens. We dedicate a portion of our time and resources to these emerging technologies to help our credit unions anticipate what’s ahead, and leverage our knowledge in this space. We will be sending Kent Zimmer to FinovateSpring in San Jose April 26-27 to represent our team—let him know if you plan on attending and he’ll be sure to link up with you and bounce ideas off of each other.
- Power of the new and improved MDC Connect. We recently redesigned and overhauled our owner portal, MDC Connect, to help our owners navigate our research, reach out to other owners with ease, and stay up-to-date on everything we do at MDC. With a more streamlined and modern look, we hope to provide a more intuitive user experience for our owners. Have questions about the new site or interested in learning more about our re-design journey? Email Krista Jo.
- Strategic and meaningful communication. We work hard to communicate all of the exciting things we have going on to our owners on a frequent basis. We have Twitter, LinkedIn, our blog, and even a press page that help our owners stay updated. We also send monthly newsletters that contain important information for our owners to know. Not on the mailing list? Email Krista Jo to find out how to get added.
- New projects. As always, our projects tackle the ongoing challenges of our complex credit union industry. Some of the projects we most recently have kicked off aim to help out specific parts of your business, such as:
Want to learn more or pitch your own project ideas? We always love to hear from our owners, so email Sarah Lietz!
- Strategic relationships. We often collaborate with other companies to give the best end-result for our owners. Sometimes, this even leads to an ongoing relationship that you can leverage for the benefit of your credit union. Like our recent Innovation Council idea aimed to identify a financial literacy solution for credit union members; this led to a special pricing relationship agreement with EverFi. To learn more about this, email Kent Zimmer.
We look forward to continuing to provide all of the meaningful projects and resources our owners need to lead the industry with the New Year. Our owners make up a group of very bright people and the result is energizing and magnetic. We are a powerful network—let’s continue to work hard and turn heads in 2017.