Pack your sunglasses—our Winter Owner Meeting will be February 10-11 in sunny Ft. Lauderdale at the Sonesta Hotel (penthouse level meeting rooms and all)! What are some of the highlights on our agenda to look forward to?
Our theme: “Innovation Insights”
Our diverse agenda is focused on “innovation insights” around technology and customer experience. Yes, we know the word “innovation” is overused—let’s change our mindset and add some new vibrancy to this concept! We want to get outside of the financial services industry and think BIG picture. You are going to hear from big thinkers, subject matter experts, fin-tech disruptors, and our star-studded MDC credit union project teams. Topics range from:
- Innovation and the Customer Experience
- Member Experience and Online Banking
- Mobile and the Customer Experience
- Optimizing Channel Resources
- Payments, Bitcoin, and Blockchain
- Innovation Skills
- The best bright new ideas in fin-tech
- …..and more brain buzzers!
Learning from outside sources—a speaker sure to strike a chord
One of our featured speakers will be Josh Kruter, Senior VP of Digital Product for iHeartMedia. MDC’s Sarah Lietz heard him speak at a Product Innovation conference in Boston a couple of months ago and knew we needed him to meet our owners. Here’s just some of his impressive portfolio:
- Led product marketing for the iHeartRadio streaming music app—which has now reached more than 260 million downloads with 40 million registered users
- Drove the launch marketing and brand/communications strategy for Nickelodeon Radio, making it the most listened to digital station in its first month
- At Virgin Group, Josh led go-to-market planning and activation, integrated strategic acquisitions, and launched new products for Virgin Mobile USA
- At PVH Corp., he oversaw global marketing communications, inclusive of event and partnership activation and digital/social strategy as the company’s IZOD and Van Heusen brands launched long-term relationships with the IndyCar series and Pro Football Hall of Fame
- And he began his career at Forbes Inc., where he helped launch Forbes.com and played key roles in the magazine’s transformation to a diversified media company with digital, television and worldwide print properties
We are excited to welcome this rock-star to the stage and see how his ideas relate to our credit unions.
What else is on the agenda?
- We listened to our evaluations from last owner meeting to seek outside influencers for our meeting. We have a panel of other innovators planned from a variety of industries talking about the tools and techniques they’ve found most effective—solid takeaways for our owners to use at their credit unions. Comments from our last panel like this included, “Thanks for pulling from outside of the credit union industry. Very refreshing.” and “Awesome panel to end the meeting.”
- Innovation from within financial services—we’ve got quite the lineup!
- TowerGroup will share an innovation trend analysis and a case study from US Bank
- Our own Innovation Council will present 2-3 of their brightest ideas
- We’ve invited several companies from FinovateFall 2015 to share their stories. These companies were chosen by our very own MDC credit unions who attended the conference
It’s time to register!
Registration is now open—we encourage our owners to RSVP now on MDC Connect Our deadline for registration is December 18. Be sure to register quickly—hotel rooms are going fast!
Still have questions?
Please contact our Director of Product Development, Sarah Lietz, with any questions. She would love to chat with you some more about our plans!