Executive Vice President, Baxter Credit Union
MDC Board Chair
We always have an opportunity to learn as MDC brings in thought leaders from inside and outside of the industry.
- EVP of BCU, a $3.5 billion, 256,000 member credit union primarily serving Fortune 500 companies
- Secretary/Treasurer of the MDC Board
- Started career at Northern Trust Bank in Chicago in Trust/Money Management
- Credit union career spans almost 30 years, with executive roles at natural person credit unions, wholesale credit unions, and credit union service organizations
- Has served on over a dozen credit union and community boards and committees during his career
- BS in Finance from Kelley School of Business at Indiana University
- CFA Charter Holder
- Hold series 7, 24 and 63 securities licenses
- High school football junkie: “My wife doesn’t make plans on fall weekends. I pay for that the rest of the year,”
- Took up skiing when he turned 50; is hooked now and hoping that MDC moves the winter meeting to the slopes
- Personal goals: “Meet the pope, build a timber frame home in the mountains, and see my three children profoundly satisfied in their chosen occupations”
CEO, Interra Credit Union
MDC Board Vice Chair
I enjoy networking with other credit unions and being involved in projects that help our members.
- CEO at Interra Credit Union in Indiana (81,000 members and $1.16 billion in assets) since November 2013
- Has more than 26 years of experience in the credit union industry; Was most recently SVP and CFO at Teachers Credit Union in South Bend
- Served on the ALM advisory board for Sendero, a Fiserv company
- Board member and instrumental in the development of the Purchase One card, which has returned more than $5 million back to participating credit unions
- Involved with Callahan & Associates
- Master’s degree from The University of Notre Dame
- BS in finance and communications from Indiana University—Bloomington
- Has completed a variety of professional development programs, including the Advanced Leadership Institute at the Harvard Executive MBA School
- “I love to read, cook, golf, hike, and hang at the beach. My personal goal is to write a book.”
CEO, Suncoast Credit Union
MDC Board Secretary/Treasurer
I have enjoyed leading various credit union initiatives for the past 31 years and am energized by continuing my mission with MDC.
- CEO at Suncoast Credit Union, Florida’s largest credit union ($9.9 billion in assets and over 826,00 members throughout the west coast of Florida)
- An advocate for the credit union difference; serves on the Boards of the League of Southeastern Credit Unions, Southeastern Credit Union Foundation, Hillsborough Education Foundation, and the CUNA Payments Subcommittee.
- Bachelor’s degree in business management from University of Tampa; holds CUNA’s certified credit union executive designation
- “When I am not dedicating my time to helping members save more for life, I can be found fishing, hiking and traveling the world.”
I really enjoy being exposed to ongoing research that will help us serve our members better and meeting other like-minded CUs.
- President with Farmers Insurance Group Federal Credit Union (based in California with 53,000 members and $913 million in assets)
- Previously in public accounting for 10 years, working exclusively with credit unions at a variety of firms
- Chairman of the Management Committee (Board) of Community Mortgage Funding, LLC
- Board member of Extensia, LLC
- Member of Filene’s i3 group from 2006 until 2008
- CPA (inactive) and CGMA
- Loves to read everything fashion: “Online shopping was a great invention!”
- “One of my goals is to see my kids find jobs they are passionate about and are successful in doing.”
President and CEO
Michigan State University Federal Credit Union
We joined MDC to get access to great research, the opportunity to fully participate in creating new ideas through NextUP, the chance to network with other large institutions, and to lead the credit industry forward, and we're getting beyond the value that we were expecting.
- April has served as President and CEO of her credit union since 2015.
- She has earned several awards in her credit union career, including Top Woman to Watch by the Credit Union Times in 2013; the Detroit Free Press Leadership Award in 2016; the ATHENA award from the Lansing Regional Chamber of Commerce and an Honorary Alumni Award from Oakland University in 2017; and the Detroit Free Press Top Workplaces Leadership Award in the large category group in 2018.
- She is an active leader on several industry, community and university boards, including:
- Lansing Economic Area Partnership
- Lansing Symphony.
- MSU College of Music National Leadership Council
- Eli and Edythe Board Art Museum Advisory Board
- MSU College of Business Alumni Board
- Oakland University’s Campaign Steering Committee
- Michigan Humanities Council
- Trellance Board of Directors
- Filene Research Group
- April joined MSUFCU in 1996 and moved through the organization from a marketing specialist to management and executive positions prior to being named President/CEO.
- She holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Marketing from Michigan State University, a Master of Arts degree from Michigan State University in Advertising, and a Master of Business Administration from Western Michigan University.
Community First Credit Union of Florida
I am very energized by working with smart, innovative people who want to see credit unions compete at a high level.
- CEO of Community First Credit Union of Florida (137,000 members and $1.7 billion in assets) since 1996
- Spent entire career in the credit union industry, including six years as president and CEO of Cal State 9 Credit Union in Berkeley, CA
- BS in Finance from the University of Colorado (Boulder)
- MBA from Virginia Polytechnic Institute
- CFA Charter Holder
- Very active in the community and has served on numerous boards, including: Alliance for World Class Education; Florida Credit Union Shared Services; League of Southeastern Credit Unions; the Jacksonville Chamber Board of Directors; Florida Community College Foundation; The Cypress Group; Jacksonville Community Council, Inc.; and WJCT
- Currently serves on the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta’s Jacksonville Branch Board
- Lives in Avondale, FL and has four children
- Loves to fly airplanes and row crew
- Personal goal is to climb Mount Aconcagua in Argentina
Chief Operating Officer
Bethpage Federal Credit Union
I am a big proponent of MDC because of the opportunity to work with such a professional staff and other like-minded credit unions.
- President and CEO of Bethpage Federal Credit Union ($8.6 billion in assets and 390,000 members)
- Credit union lifer – over 35 years’ experience in some of the largest, most progressive credit unions, including Suncoast Schools, GTE, Bellco, Affinity Plus, and Bethpage Federal Credit Union
- Served on numerous local, state, and national non-profit and credit union industry boards
- A lifelong learner with a sense of inquisitiveness and wonder
- Restless with the status quo and driven to enrich the lives of members, employees, family, friends, and communities
- Recovering accountant and finance professional with a degree in accounting from the University of South Florida and an MBA from Regis University in Denver, CO
- Proud father of a 25-year-old daughter and 23-year-old son
- When not at work – spending quality time with my family traveling and enjoying life
Paul A. Marsh
President and CEO
Teachers Credit Union (TCU)
I enjoy getting a collaborative perspective on credit unions and our must-knows.
- President and CEO of Teachers Credit Union, Indiana’s largest credit union (300,000 members and $3.2 billion in assets)
- Began career at TCU in 1998, holding positions in accounting, audit, and finance and serving as Senior Vice President of Marketing and Sales before becoming President and CEO in June 2011
- Serves on the Northern Indiana Workforce Board of Directors, the Penn Harris Madison Education Foundation Board, Goodwill Industries Board, the Logan Foundation Board and the WNIT Public Television Board of Directors
- BS from Indiana University in 1990 with a double major in Accounting and Management and a minor in Economics
- CPA Certified
Meritrust Credit Union
Meritrust has gotten a lot out of our involvement with MDC through our involvement in projects, especially since that gives us the opportunity to tailor the deliverables to our needs right here in Wichita.
- President/CEO or Meritrust Credit Union (107,000 members and $1.3 billion in assets)
- With Meritrust since 2013, but has over 30 years experience in the banking and CU industry
- Worked experiences as Chief Lending Officer and Director of Internal Audit in credit unions and banking
- Business Administration in Finance and his MBA from The University of Texas at Austin
- Serves on the Boards of Meritrust Technology Strategies, LLC and Custom Financial Resource, LLC
- Locally serves on the Boards of Kansas Big Brothers/Big Sisters, and Support for Catholic Schools, LLC, and the Greater Wichita Partnership’s Leadership Council
- Also serves on the Board of the Heartland Credit Union Association, as Chairperson of the Heartland Credit Union Foundation, and on the CUNA National Credit Union Roundtable Advisory Council
- Enjoys travelling anywhere in the world and cooking
Senior Vice president of Planning and Business Finance
CUNA Mutual Group
As one of the newer board members, I enjoy learning more and digging deeper into MDC's initiatives.
- Responsible for the development of business strategy for CUNA Mutual Group
- Enjoy strengthening competitive insights for the business and ensuring marketplace and economic trends are addressed in strategic plans
- Has been with CUNA Mutual Group since 1990
- Bachelor’s Degree in Administration and Accounting from University of Wisconsin—Madision
- CPA Certified